One of my goals is to experiment more in the kitchen, so here’s what I did to make Cheesy Potato Soufflé, it kind of looks like a biscuit.
I didn’t really measure anything, I just eyeballed and added ingredients to taste, so it’s not the most precise recipe (if it tastes good then why not?).
You can use a regular oven, but if you don’t have one or it doesn’t work just use a Microwave (that’s what I used and it came out good).
- Boiled potato (the amount depends on you really)
- 2 eggs (depends on how much potato you have, 2 eggs where a good amount for 2 smallish potatoes)
- Milk and butter (add depending on how much potato you have or how pasty you want it, I used about half a cup of milk and a tablespoon of butter)
- Black pepper, salt, ground garlic (add to taste)
- Grated cheese (I used some Parmesan I found in the refrigerator)
- Annatto or paprika powder (or any other condiment you think would fit, it’s optional)
20 to 30 minutes (less if you’re flash).
What to do with those ingredients:
- Mash the boiled potato (or potatoes if they’re small potatoes or you just need more)
- Add the grated cheese, ground garlic, black pepper and salt
- Add egg yolks and mix
- Boil butter and milk and add to the potato mixture
- Bat egg whites until fluffy and add to mixture (it’s a good exercise)
- Add some butter and bread crumbs to the edges of the cups or containers you’ll use to bake or microwave your soufflé
- Sprinkle some of the annatto powder on top
Note: I microwaved the soufflé for about 10 minutes.